Friday, August 15, 2008

Hiking Siouxon Creek

Yesterday Adam, Hudson and I went on a beautiful hike with my parents. The scenery was just breathtaking. The path followed a creek that had many waterfalls and swimming holes. The water was so clear and very inviting. Adam and my dad wished they would have brought their suits. I felt it and it was quite cold. It felt nice to put your hands in and cool off, but not to jump in. The hike we thought was going to be short. It was only 7 miles, but seriously it felt like 14 miles. For some reason when you hike miles feel like eternity. My mom and I barely made it back. We all were quite exhausted afterwards. Hudson did awesome! He loved his backpack and loved being outdoors. It was so cute because he loved to pick up the rocks and throw them in the water. He could have spent all afternoon doing that. I need to get in better shape if I want to continue hiking. Lets just say this was a whole lot better then hiking Mt Timpanogoes in Utah. That hike did me in for days. I could not walk or breath without a body part hurting. I am excited for more hikes with my family.













6 comments:

Bobbilynn said...

How fun! I'm glad hudson liked it. From the pictures it looks like almost everyone took a turn carrying him in the backpack!

Harries Family said...

Yes we all took turns because carrying him we all got extra hot since it was almost 100 degrees out. Luckily we were in the shade.

Liz & Zac said...

How fun. Right after i got done posting about our hike i saw your blog. My 2.2 mile hike looks wusy to your 7 mile hike! But i know how you feel when you say it seems alot longer than it actually was. You look so darn cute and skinny. Im sure hudson loved it, so much to look at.

Rachel and Ryan said...

The hike sounds like it was beautiful! I love Adams idea of going there as a family. Maybe a FHE with a fire would be great! Hope to go on a hike with you guys. I love having you live so close. When you move it will be very bitter sweet. I love you guys!!!

Foushee's said...

Hey!
So happy you found us. We saw your dad not too long ago while Noah and I tagged along with Ethan on a job on one his houses! Anyways your little guy is so cute and big, we should plan a little get together one of these days with everyone since your not too far away. Talk to you soon!

Rachel and Ryan said...

Thank you for this weekend. You and Adam are so great!!! Making us dinner, hanging out at the fire making smores, and the yummy breakfast. I felt like we stayed at a fancy bed and breakfast. Michelle, you carry so many wonderful qualities. I love you! Adam, my kids are so lucky to have you as their uncle. Thank you for your example. My kids literally look up to you! Hope to hang out with you guys again soon!!! Love ya!