Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back so soon!


I hate that vacations go so darn fast. It feels like we just left and now we are home and back to the boring life of work and not enough play. We had such a great time in Alabama and Florida. The weather was so warm and the atmosphere was wonderful. We headed down to Florida Wednesday afternoon. The house that we stayed was big and beautiful, so relaxing. I think we only played on the beach one day because we were so spoiled with such a nice swimming pool. The ocean was so warm, it was actually warmer than the pool. The pool was like 88 so the ocean had to be almost 90 degrees. Hudson really liked the ocean until he got a taste of it . The water was so salty. The other days we spent shopping or just hanging out together in the house or by the pool. I know I keep talking about the pool, but when you see the pictures you will understand. I am so glad that Adam and I both had our parents there, its awesome that our parents get along so great. We were raised very similar so our parents have a lot in common. Hudson is really going to miss Grandma and Grandpa Harries, lets just say he is a very spoiled boy. Thank you so much Bob and Carol for such a wonderful vacation. You are such wonderful in laws and such loving grandparents. My parents had a great time and they said that they can't wait for next year, me either. I had such a fabulous time. Time went too fast as it usually does. Let me just say that if you are ever planning on going to Florida make sure you stop in Destin. I think its a town that many Westeners don't know about. It literally is such an awesome place and the best beach. If your wondering why I look so white in all of the pictures its because I didn't get a tan. I put sunblock on most of the time. Adam looks all nice and bronsed and then theres me pasty white. Oh well thats why Self tanning was invented...right!

12 comments:

Breanna said...

That house is gorgeous and so is the pool! Looks like a lot of fun. I have to mention...again, Hudson is such a handsome little boy! You guys took some great pictures. And good for you...not tanning, that just means you will stay healthy and beautiful longer.(I need to be better about that.) Besides self tanning works just as well.

Meagan Marie said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had tonz of fun! I love all of the pictures, you look so awesome that milk, oreo thing is totally working for you!! LOL!! You are just lucky you can look like that with out running. I totally remember running, there are a few songs on my ipod that take me back to those days. (mostly the girl power ones) Well I am so glad that you had a fun trip. that boy of yours is getting so big!!

Meagan Marie said...

PS am so so proud of you for lathering on the sunscreen!! Cancer free is the way to be!! LOL!

Jenell said...

Those are some cute pictures. I always forget that you have one of the greatest father in laws in the world that can take and capture amazing pictures and moments. I want pictures like that, I am really jealous. He can even make Adam look good, thats some good camera work(haha). Good to have you home Shelly.

TODD + ANNIE said...

It sounds like you guys had fun on your vacation. That picture of you three no the beach is so darn cute. And I have to say that Hudson still has the most adorable eyes on the planet. LOVE IT.

Amie said...

The beach and the pool look awesome!! I am jealous! I am glad you had a nice vacation. I miss Hudson!! and you of course!

Liz & Zac said...

Wow, that house looks incredible, not to mention that pool! I love the picture of Husdon sitting on the chair at the beach. He is so big! You look awesome too Michelle. Skinny little girl!

Bobbilynn said...

I want to go on vacation with you the next time you go! That looked like so much fun. That's a great pool, Is it under glass? Can you get tan through glass? hhm.. anyway, Hudson looks so big! I love the picture of you and him in the water. His tummy's all wrinkled, lol. Cute cute cute

Tiffany said...

That is such a cute family picture of you guys! Sounds like an awesome trip! GkGlad you guys had such a great time! :)

Mike Woodward said...

Can you say how cute Hudson is! His hair has lightened up so much! You guys look like such a cute, happy family.

Calee said...

That house and pool look amazing! How fun for you guys. You look awesome Michelle and yes I'm proud of you too for slathering the sunscreen. My motto is: Shun the sun :) We'll still have pretty skin when everyone else is wrinkled!
PS- Hudson looks so stinkin cute, he's got lots of teeth now!

mommyof6 said...

Ok so the vacation is way over now are you ever going to update? Your just a few steps above Lisa with your updates!