Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Girls Night Out!

We started a new birthday tradition to go out for dinner and shopping for the birthdays of the girls in my family. We celebrated my sister Andrea's 28th birthday last night. Its so great getting together as sisters and sister in-laws and our mom and going out without husbands and kids. Four of us have nursing babies so they get to tag along. We went out shopping and then dinner. We then did some more shopping after dinner also (we all love shopping). I think its important to get out and be with other girls. We can have more fun without men. We can talk about them and laugh about how all men are the same, especially when you start having kids, men are all the same. For example: When I ask Adam to hold the baby or he is holding the baby his excuse to hand off Hudson is, I have to go to the bathroom. Its quite funny because all of my sisters and sister in laws husbands say the same thing. So its fun to talk about how men think the same. They all have the same excuse. We love them though! I love Adam so much that I even made an effort to bring him home my leftovers, but when I was putting Hudson into the car seat I set the food on top of the car...yes I forgot about it and we drove off. We got a call from my sister in law Rachel who was laughing hysterically. She told us that my burrito and rice had just blown off our car and hit her van. I turned around and saw Adam's dinner in the middle of the intersection. All I could say was "My Burrito" it was a yummy burrito. Too funny! The night was great with some great news. My sister in law Becky who is married to my brother Brandon are expecting their 6th child in November. They are hoping for a girl, they have 4 boys and 1 girl. Next month we have another birthday which means another Girls Night Out!

3 comments:

Bobbilynn said...

That's awesome. Sorry about the burrito. I bet that was hilarious to watch though. haha I love girls night out's

Liz & Zac said...

I agree, i think women need their time together without men. Me and my sisters get together about once a month and have a sleepover. All we do is talk about our hubbies too. Sorry about your burrito!

Whitney Bennett said...

Hey Michelle, it's Whitney. I saw your blog through Aubrye's. How is everything going. Your boy is adorable and I LOVE your hair. SO CUTE! You are soo skinny! You look great. How is Oregon?